Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: Shipping Cost from the UK

RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:03:19 -0400
Subject: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

At 2:11 PM -0400 6/11/01, Bell, Brian K (Contractor) wrote:
>First off, I assume that we mean the KV Scatterguns not Submunitions
packs
>(which cannot attack fighters/missiles).

Yes.

>According to Oerjan (official playtester), that the verbage on p.7 of
>Fleetbook 1 under PDS applies to MT Missiles and Salvo Missiles when it
>states "A roll of ... 4-5 kills 1 missile...while a 6 kills 2..."
except
>that you are targeting each MT Missile separately, so 1 is the maximum
kill
>from a single PDS. The same would apply to the Anti-Fighter/Missile
systems
>in FB2 as well.

That would appear to mean that there is no difference. I've always
understood MT Missiles to be different. Specifically due to the old
MT rules of PDS fire working one way against Fighters and another
against MT missiles. Since in FB1 salvo missiles were resolved just
like fighters, it seemed that MT missiles were handled differently. I
also understood that section to be talking about Salvo Missile fire
resolution.

Which means our group was playing MT missiles wrong.

>So MT missiles are no harder to hit than Salvo Missiles by PDS and
other
>Anti-Aircraft/Anti-Missile weapons under Fleet Book rules. The only
>difference is that you have to target each missile seperatly (instead
of a
>salvo of missiles). Any "spillover fire" (fire that would have damaged
more
>than one missile) is lost.
>
>FB2 indicates that a KV Scattergun kills 1-6 fighters or missiles.

This I understood.

>I, too, prefered to keep the MT reading of the MT Missiles where they
are
>only hit on a roll of a 6 for PDS style weapons. Since Scatterguns do
about
>3 times the damage of a PDS in a single shot, I would have probably
give any
>Scattergun a 50/50 chance to hit an MT missile (hit on 4+).

This was how I held to rules to work. Aye, this was more to what I
was thinking. Though one of our local folks, deemed we should go with
5,6 for MT missiles.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: Shipping Cost from the UK