Prev: Re: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs Next: Re: Shipping Cost from the UK

RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:11:58 -0400
Subject: RE: MT Missiles vs. Kra'Vak Scatter Packs

First off, I assume that we mean the KV Scatterguns not Submunitions
packs
(which cannot attack fighters/missiles).

According to Oerjan (official playtester), that the verbage on p.7 of
Fleetbook 1 under PDS applies to MT Missiles and Salvo Missiles when it
states "A roll of ... 4-5 kills 1 missile...while a 6 kills 2..." except
that you are targeting each MT Missile separately, so 1 is the maximum
kill
from a single PDS. The same would apply to the Anti-Fighter/Missile
systems
in FB2 as well.

So MT missiles are no harder to hit than Salvo Missiles by PDS and other
Anti-Aircraft/Anti-Missile weapons under Fleet Book rules. The only
difference is that you have to target each missile seperatly (instead of
salvo of missiles). Any "spillover fire" (fire that would have damaged
more
than one missile) is lost.

FB2 indicates that a KV Scattergun kills 1-6 fighters or missiles.

I, too, prefered to keep the MT reading of the MT Missiles where they
are
only hit on a roll of a 6 for PDS style weapons. Since Scatterguns do
about
3 times the damage of a PDS in a single shot, I would have probably give
any
Scattergun a 50/50 chance to hit an MT missile (hit on 4+).

-----
Brian Bell
-----