Prev: Re: [rant] The Website thing... Next: Re: [OT] SFB Fighter comment

Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: Mark Sykes <tardis@b...>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 08:56:21 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

At 6:43 AM +1000 9/6/2001, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>Ryan Gill wrote:
>
>>An object will float or sink based on its overall density. Density
>>is mass/volume. The density  of the tank is higher than the density
>>of water. Thats with or without the hull sealed.
>>
>>>  > Less simply, we can look at the numbers (some one have better
>>>
>>>For starters, use metric units ;-)
>>
>>Then use all metric...don't mix...
>
>Where did Karl mix? Tons are metric;1 ton = 1000 kg...

In school prior to metric conversion in Australia:
1 ton = 2240 pounds
1 tonne [nb] = 1000 kg = 2200 pounds approximately

So you can both be correct depending where you were taught.
You do not need to remind me of what that extra 40 pounds means out in
space...

MarkS

Prev: Re: [rant] The Website thing... Next: Re: [OT] SFB Fighter comment