Prev: Re: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT: Marine carriers?

Re: FT: Marine carriers?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:43:35 +1000
Subject: Re: FT: Marine carriers?

G'day

 >I like the looks of the NSL and FSE ships.
 >Is it remotely possible to use
 >either and 'pretend' they're canon NAC
 >with NAC specs or would this be
 >ludicrous?

Once you buy them you can do anything you like with them (though if
taking
them to a tourney or something you may want to clue up your opponents
first).

 >So I'm curious if either NAC, NSL or FSE
 >has very significant disadvantages to be aware of?

NAC seem like good all round, but I've yet to actually see them not
suffer
from Jack of all trades and master of none syndrome (ESU seem to make a
better hack of that).

NSL are slow, but do actually seem to do OK in the hands of beginners
(then
again we play vector so being painfully slow could be more of a problem
in
cinematic)

FSE take a while to learn how to use with success as they're very much
shoot and scoot, if you haven't done the majority of you're needed
damage
before you run out of salvos/fighters then you're probably not going to
pull it off (except if you're playing in cinematic on a fixed map and
you
lure your opponents into running themselves into walls).

There's been a few threads on the pros-and-cons of the various fleets,
it
may pay to trawl the archives.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT: Marine carriers?