Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: [FT] Space Vikings, Independent FT Uuniverses

Re: Kinetic Shields

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:11:26 +0200
Subject: Re: Kinetic Shields

David Griffin wrote:

>You're quite right, interceptors aren't costed
>in the original work. There's quite a good,
>professionally done netbook which I was confusing
>in my mind:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/6990/b5.html

I know; I have it. Unfortunately it is based on FT2, not FBx, so you
can't
import the system costs into FBx.

[Long snip]

>Given the presence of some kind of shield in many
>Science fiction genres,

There is an alternative, fairly simple solution to your dilemma: If the
shields in your chosen genre stops all types of weapons, then don't use
FT's screen-skipping weapons. Not all genres have all weapon types,
after all.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: [FT] Space Vikings, Independent FT Uuniverses