Prev: Re: GZG/WCCII Game Next: Re: GZG/WCCII Game

Re: Armour generator

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:23:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Armour generator

Roger Books wrote:

> On  7-Jun-01 at 14:41, Jaime Tiampo (fugu@spikyfishthing.com) wrote:
>
> > A design consideration for this is that it should give you more
armour
> > points then it takes up in mass. I think 5% maxing out at level 4 is
> > good level. The cost in points should balance out the mass to armour
> > change.
>
> I think I'd have to disagree here.  I think it should take up _more_
> mass than the equivalent armour.  After all if I put my points in
> armour shouldn't I get more than if I put it in a regenerating
> shield?

Making it only useful for larger ships. A primary part of this is to
make it more useful for smaller ships and less the larger you get, so
that around 80 or so mass you get the break even point.

I'm about to head out on a trip and won't be back till about the 22nd.
I'll try to run some numbers and actually come up with a workable system
to repost when I return.

As I said, this system would be wildly out of touch with reality until
it actually got worked on :)

Jaime

Prev: Re: GZG/WCCII Game Next: Re: GZG/WCCII Game