Prev: RE: [SG2] small squad/fireteam thought Next: [FT] Space Vikings, Independent FT Uuniverses

RE: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:50:49 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

I believe that Traveler used hydrogen displacement of the entire ship to
determine the mass of thier ships. I am drawing from memory of a game
that I
owned and read as a teen (20+ years ago), but never had the chance to
play.

What jogged my memory was, back then, trying to understand how a crew
quarters that was mainly empty space would cost so much in mass. Once
you
realize that it was measured against the mass of hydrogen displacement,
it
was easier to understand. It includes the pressurized atmosphere, the
materials used in construction, accomidations, and the personnel.

-----
Brian Bell
-----

[snip]