Prev: RE: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question Next: RE: [SG2] small squad/fireteam thought

Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters

From: Colin Plummer <colin@i...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:58:49 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters

Thus spoke Michael Llaneza on Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:01:00PM -0700 :

> I base more of my assumptions about Star Wars fighters on the X-Wing
series (well worth playing btw). TIE fighters are very fragile, but can
rip an X-Wing apart in short order - head on passes are tempting, but a
group of three will kill you.

I beg to differ... increase laser recharge on notch, and pump your
lasers bit
by bit into shields to keep them topped up.  You should survive with
shields
more or less still functioning and at least one tie down.  Evasive
maneuvers
required of course. ;>

You read the 'X-Wing' books by Michael Stackpole and Aaron Alston?  The
fighter sequences read almost like you are flying the game! ;>

--
Colin P (colinp@imhotep.org.uk)

Prev: RE: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question Next: RE: [SG2] small squad/fireteam thought