Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:27:00 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

> > However, those weapons were quite a bit more potent
> > than the FT fighter ones,
> > so numbers are not needed.	A fighter in SFB is
> > quite a bit more powerful than
> > a single fighter in FT.
> >

> Which reinforces my contention that we're really
> talking about corvettes here, NOT fighters whatever
> they may be called.

Okay, perhaps CONVERTED to FT they are corvettes.  Could be, I don't
think
it really matters that much.  In SFB they are for all intents and
purposes
fighters.  You could be right though, perhaps they would work a lot
better
as corvettes if modelled in FT.

> In the Star Trek genre, it would be hard to imagine
> something the size of a fighter (like the size
> of a modern F14) carrying a weapon large enough
> to make much of an impact on a starship. That was
> always what I thought the justification was against
> fighters. I saw the SFB fighters as actually pretty
> sizeable little starships which were called
> fighters but which were actually fairly large.

That could be.	The illustrations I've seen tend to show only one
crewmember.  One illustration though does tend to give the impression
that a
Fed Heavy Fighter is about as big as a shuttlecraft.

George

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays