Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: Re: [Stargrunt]

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:04:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: [Stargrunt]

At 3:19 PM -0400 6/6/01, Allan Goodall wrote:
>  > From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
>>  Date: 2001/06/06 Wed PM 01:07:34 EDT
>>  4 man squads is a bit small. Really rough when they take a casualty
too.

>Actually, it's not all that rough. The morale system is too
>forgiving for it to be too rough. Especially for veterans and squads
>with good leaders. But, yes, it is nastier.
>
>The problem is that 2 four man squads have twice as many actions as
>1 eight man squad. If you put a suppression marker on an 8 man
>squad, it has one action left after clearing the marker. You put a
>suppression marker on one half of a 4 man squad (the chance of doing
>casualties or suppressing a unit has no bearing on its size) and you
>still have a total of 3 actions left for those 8 guys.

But then lessee, an 8 man section (squad, funny here I am the Yank
and I'm partial to the British terminology...course then I'm
interested in calling the Staff Sgt a Colour Sgt....for traditions
sake...) that is split into 2 4 man fire teams (one is detached) gets
a total of three actions right?

>You can have the MGs fire at separate targets, though. If you want
>the MGs to fire at one target, the rest of the squad can fire at
>another target. Or, you could have half the squad and one SAW fire
>at one target, and the other half and the other SAW fire at a second
>target.

Makes sense.

>Of course, if you want the MGs to fire at one target each, and the
>rest of the squad to fire at a third target, you can only do that by
>detaching the MGs into a detached element. They would get two
>actions (and, thus, could fire at two different targets) and the
>remaining action could be used to fire the rest of the squad.

Hmm. Now, where to find that NAC Army Sustained fire role MG...
Perhaps a tribarrel on a tripod and 2 ammo bearers/seconds as a
Company Fire Support detachment...?

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays