Prev: Re: Re: fighter bases Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 07:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

I know Jon is the best source for this sort of thing,
but it kind of looks like between the original fighter
rules and FB1&2, the rules were abstracted out to
make it simpler to launch fighters (and operate them).
We should be careful we don't add those limitations in
and give the fighters extra capability as a result.

In other words,

situation 1 -- fighters have launch restrictions and
		  cost X points.

situation 2 -- fighter have launch restrictions
		   abstracted out, but don't change
		   in cost.

situation 3 -- fighter launch restrictions back, but
		 now fighters are cheaper.

I'd like to know what GZG (Jon?) thinks
launch restrictions are worth in terms of points
and mass for these sorts of "slower" carriers.
There WERE such restrictions before, right? So
there must have been a lot of playtesting. Maybe
it would be useful to know why they were dropped
in favor of launch all at once rules.