Prev: Re: [Stargrunt] Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:12:11 -0400
Subject: re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

sorry this is late in the discussion -- one downside to digest
format....

small correction:
in the B5 show ships are not "all launch at one time", but phased.  the
B5W
game also has per-turn launch limitations as well, especially the
carrier
hulls.

we do something slightly different for our FT B5 universe.  each fighter
purchased uses 1 mass of hanger space (not cargo) and each launch bay
requires 3 mass.  furthermore, each launch bay may launch OR recover 6
fighters per turn.    that means there is are command decisions in
coordinating fighter operations and designing ships with sufficient
hangers
for their mission type.  for example, CVLs may have 2 launch bays but 4
ftr
flights, taking two turns to get 2 squadrons into action.  CVHs would
have
4-6 bays but much larger ftr complements.  another cool thing: damage
the
bays and no ftrs may launch/land -- another command decision where to
employ
Damage Control!

"spare" and ready fighters may exist, but take up active hull space.
unlaunched fighters are also valid threshold targets, since they take up
hull space sitting in hangers (I believe already part of the FT rules)!
another command decision of determining when to launch if the ship may
suffer fighter casualties....  with the above, we usually have more ftrs
aboard than number of bays.  decreases	bay operations, but increases
the
ftr complement.

just my 2 credits.
Dave

Prev: Re: [Stargrunt] Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays