Prev: Re: Off Topic list Next: Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures

[Stargrunt]

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 04:43:42 -0400
Subject: [Stargrunt]

Ok, I'm working up a TO&E for NAC Army units at the Mech Infantry Coy
level and below. I'm really bloody new to Stargrunt so I'm not
certain if this is Kosher or not.

I'm looking at going with an 8 man Section (squad for my fellow
Yanks) that is easily split into two fire teams.

It'd look something like this:

Fireteam 1 (D6 firepower plus SAW or IAVRs and GMS/P)
Section Leader (Corporal or Sgt)
SAW Gunner
Rifleman
GMS/P

Fireteam2 (D10 Firepower Plus SAW)
Teamleader (Lance Corporal)
SAW Gunner
Rifleman
Rifleman

The basic idea is that in situations where there is armour to ambush
the Section leader would run the Anti Tank op giving one of his
actions to the "Detached Fire Team" to handle Anti-personel tasks.
Its also based on the current form used by the Modern Brit Army with
the exception of the replacement of one Rifleman with the GMS/P
operator.

The general operation procedure would have the second fire team
operating within 6" of the first fire team making transferring that
action easy. The idea with this is to allow for spreading the
firepower out a bit if need be and not stuck with soldiers not having
a task to perform.

Generaly how do folks attach a mortar team to a platoon? Organic to
the Platoon HQ section or as a separate team with its own
section/team leader (a Sgt or LCpl?)

One other question regards EW and FO teams of 2 or 1 men. Do these
operate as standard attached units at the Platoon Leader (Lt) level
or more often at the Company Level (Captain), or do they start out as
separate and independent teams with their own activations and actions?

tanks...
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: Off Topic list Next: Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures