Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:06:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

--- stranger <stranger@cvn.net> wrote:
> For the Kzinti, fighters are critical in SFB, as
> well as the Hydrans.

True, but the actual numbers of fighters were
relatively small, and normal weapons could
fire at them, so regular ships didn't feel so
naked as far as defense.

> Also, while it was not stressed, at least in the
> Next Generation time line
> of Trek, fighters were indeed present.  There are
> mentions of them once or
> twice in ST:TNG, and in at least one episode of
DS9,...

There was something called fighters that
showed up now and then,but the actual
vessels looked more like corvettes to me.
Once in the DS9 battles harassing the
Cardassians and once on the Mars perimeter
trying to attack the Borg.

Like I said, not a major factor. There (along
with missiles aka drones), but not that
big a deal. I can count the number of times
fighters showed up in our SFB games on
one hand. Maybe we were atypical, but the
game and the genre is about big ships with
big guns.

Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays