Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Maybe these were some fixed universe we're talking
about, but some genres which FT is used for don't
have that many fighters typically. It's not
extraordinary for a fleet to be without fighters
unless the people they fight have a lot of them.

For instance, let's take Star Trek. Not a lot of
fighters there. Even in SFB the only game where
fighters appeared in the ST universe, fighters
were not a major force in the game. The Feds only
had 1 carrier model and it didn't show up too
often in games I played anyway.

When You play pick up games (or maybe convention
games I don't know) and you can't tell what kind
of opponent you'll get, you could have anything
from massive fighters to none. Prepare for massive
fighters against an opponent with none, and he'll
use all those points he didn't use for fighters or
fighter defense on guns to cut you to pieces,
especially if YOUR fighters are interceptors only.

So how irresponsible was it in the universe this
game was being played in to have a fleet with
a low grade fighter defense?