Prev: excess fighters Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:41:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:
> I would suggest that you could prep as many fighter
> groups as you have
> hanger bays in which to put them.
>
> The problem with uncrating fighters is that if you
> allow fighter launches
> before the battle, it is unbalancing.

It seems to me that fighters tend to be balanced
"in moderation." That is, the more you have, the
more it seems to be unbalancing. 6 squadrons
can make a lot of trouble for a regular ship
or even an ADFC fleet (who might collectively have
2-3 pds's for every squadron). Any technique that
puts huge numbers of fighters on the table tends
to squash the opposition unless he too has a
specialized fleet (high air defense or large numbers
of fighters himself). This is just my opinion based
on the limited numbers of games I've played.

Prev: excess fighters Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays