Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:04:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

On  5-Jun-01 at 15:52, David Griffin (carbon_dragon@yahoo.com) wrote:

> We've talked a lot about campaigns, but haven't
> actually played one yet (or I haven't anyway),
> but we've had FTL capable ships which were
> effectively floating hangers. They tend to put
> so many fighters on the table that they
> unbalanced the game. The game I remember was
> getting hit with 4 of these, each with 5 fighter
> groups and an additional 2 groups from somewhere
> as part of a multi player fleet resulting in
> getting hit with 22 fighter squadrons at once.
> It's hard to have a reasonable fighter defense
> for that without lots of carriers of your own
> and you don't usually know it's going to be a
> carrier battle till it happens.

Large numbers of fighters can be handled, here is how
I tend to do it.

Most ships in my fleet have PDS's and ADFCs so I can
have a defense grid.  This means keeping everything
tucked in tight.

For my ships see:

http://www.jumpspace.net/Wargames/FT/designs.html

Keep your speed up.  If you can force him to split his fighters
because he doesn't know where you are going you can deal with
them much more easily.	I like speeds in excess of 20.

Chose interceptors, they are worth their weight in gold.

Most importantly, USE THE MORAL RULES.

Roger

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays