Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:43:40 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

At 7:51 AM +0100 6/5/01, Bif Smith wrote:
>I was thinking of my post about deployed SMR pods, and I came up with
this
>idea for fighters. The fighter bays can be considered as the launch
bays
>(after all, a ship can launch all it`s fighters at once), we could have
the
>fighters carried as cargo in cargo bays, with the fighter bays use for
just
>[snip]
>Any comments?

I like. This makes sense too. Fighter racks like on B5 are more like
the launch them all at once kind of fighter bays. A more traditional
carrier would have a number of bays that can could be used for
recovery or launch. Though I suspect the recovery evolution would be
more protracted.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays