Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

I could be wrong, but I think the rules were changed
to avoid the x turns of pre-engagement dancing while
both sides gradually deployed their fighter groups.

Most spaceship carriers do have such a parallel
system, so maybe that's why they chose this system
as the norm. The B5 Omega Destroyer has a
simultaneous launch, single recovery system, as
does the Battlestar Galactica, the Above and Beyond
carrier, etc.

Our carriers are dependent on the steam catapults
and required deck space for recoveries. In space,
this wouldn't be necessary as the fighters could just
be dropped (or pushed) out. So, the bottleneck that
characterizes modern carrier operations doesn't
really seem to be a factor in space.