Prev: Re: Canon Next: StarBlazers and other comments Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures

Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 16:46:19 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures

David Griffin wrote:

> Anybody have a source for the following:
>
> Battlestar (from Battlestar Galactica) in FT
> scale (4" or so). Used to be one from Comet
> but can't find those anywhere so far.

Might be worth contacting Comet directly - there is all sorts of stuff
in dark recesses of their shop that doesn't get listed in the catalogue,
so they may have one hanging about somewhere

http://www.cometminiatures.co.uk

> Spaceship Yamato miniatures of a reasonable
> size (I'd expect 4-5" or so for something big).
> Seems like the ones I can find are very small
> possibly due to the SY game scale?

Try getting hold of the Bandai plastic kits - these are almost exactly
the size you're looking for (and reasonably priced to boot).
You should be able to find them in the US, although HobbyLinkJapan have
a some in stock

http://www.hlj.com

the prices work out to be around $6-$10 each if my Yen-Sterling-Dollar
conversion worked. I have a small number that I bought from Comet.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer
Kuju Entertainment

Prev: Re: Canon Next: StarBlazers and other comments Re: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures