Prev: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:23:40 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:49:31 +0100 Tony Francis <tony.francis@kuju.com>
writes:
>Samuel Reynolds wrote:
>
>> Prices in US dollars.
>
>I don't know about other manufacturers, but we calculate prices in
>other
>currencies on the day we receive an order, using the current exchange
>rate. So any prices in anything other than sterling on the website
>would
>be approximate at best unless the website is a proper database setup
>which can calculate exchange rates on the fly - and ours isn't.

Link to the many currency convertors on the web.  I have two I like book
marked at work.  Converting Singaporean dollars in cost comparisons to
Malaysian whatevers is easy that way...

>And there are other countries in the world besides the US - if we were
>to put up prices in the local currency of every customer we sell to,
>there'd be no room left on the page for PICTURES ;-)

And a link to a convertor would solve that for everyone.  IIRC, there is
a company in Australia that has the link built into their home page.
CastawayArts?  Another company (Eureka?) has a option to have the prices
in 'your' currency on their web page, IIRC.

>Tony

>Tony Francis
>Senior Software Engineer
>Kuju Entertainment

Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: [FT] Looking for Certain Miniatures Next: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site