Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: Kinetic Shields

Re: Canon

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:46:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Canon

> > In actuality though, what
> > is and isn't canon matters much less for the GZG-verse than in other
game
> > systems, as the 'canon' material is provided just as a starting
point
for
> > those of us who are too lazy to think up their own backgrounds

Just to add a little more confusion to the mix... ;-)

Canon: the material is printed in the rule books, or Jon Tuffley has
said it
is official (either as "rules" or "background"). ("The Islamic
Federation
exists"--Jon said so)
Compatible: the material is not canon but doesn't contradict it ("Here
are
some Islamic Fed ship designs I came up with, using the FB system")
Not compatible: the material doesn't fit with the background in the
printed
source ("the Islamic Fed's main enemy is the Squishi, a species of
killer
jellyfish/octopi who have wiped out almost all of the rest of humanity.
Fortunately Islamic Fed FTL-capable planet-buster missiles (Mass 2, NPV
6,
400d6 to stationary targets)  have taken out the nearest Squishi bases,
and
the IF's allies, the Hokahobbits, have been providing light
infantry...")

You can stick with canon; you can apply your imagination to expanding
upon
canon, either by detailing a canon power or creating
compatible-but-non-canon nations; or you can throw the canon background
out
and write your own.  Do whatever suits you.

Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: Re: Kinetic Shields