Prev: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk Next: RE: Re: Canon - What makes something Canon?

FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:51:19 +0100
Subject: FT-Fighters and launch bays

I was thinking of my post about deployed SMR pods, and I came up with
this
idea for fighters. The fighter bays can be considered as the launch bays
(after all, a ship can launch all it`s fighters at once), we could have
the
fighters carried as cargo in cargo bays, with the fighter bays use for
just
launching/landing/rearming fighters, and the fighters transfered from
the
cargo bays to the launch bays when launching is required. After all, I
don`t
think a present carrier can launch all it`s fighters at once, it
requires
them to be transfered from the hangers to the catapults. If we did this,
CVL could replace 2 of it`s launch bays with cargo space for 3 fighter
groups, increasing it`s fighters to 5 groups, but only be able to
launch/land/rearm 2 fighter groups at once.

Any comments?

BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: RE: [FH] FCT founding talk Next: RE: Re: Canon - What makes something Canon?