Prev: Cannon - What makes something Cannon? Next: Re: Cannon - What makes something Cannon?

Re: Cannon - What makes something Cannon?

From: mreindl@p...
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:46:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Cannon - What makes something Cannon?

kaime@mindspring.com wrote:

> I mainly lurk here on the list, but in my own GZG group in Atlanta GA
USA
> and here on this list there is talk of some material being Cannon or
not
> being Cannon.
>
> What makes something Cannon and who decides if it is or isn't Cannon?

Well, if it fire big balls and sticks out the side of a ship, then it's
cannon,
right? ;).  Seriously, you're asking about what is 'canon', then the
best
explanation that I can give is something that is printed in the various
GZG
rulebooks, such as the timelines, etc.	Anything beyond that, would be
what
ever comes from Jon's mouth in this or other forums.  In actuality
though, what
is and isn't canon matters much less for the GZG-verse than in other
game
systems, as the 'canon' material is provided just as a starting point
for those
of us who are too lazy to think up their own backgrounds, so I don't
think it's
worth getting too wrapped up in that one way or another.

Hope that answers the question, and please excuse my smartass remark at
the
beginning :)

Mark

Who's waiting for the info on the WCC #2!!!!