Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email?

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email?

From: "bill_armintrout" <bill_armintrout@E...>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:08:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email?

> The bulk of them are in the Fleet Books. *S* If Jon is too busy, I'm
sure
some
> of us could supply descriptions.

Maybe you all could propose them here, and see if Jon agrees?

> Out of curiousity, Bill, will you be putting in, or do you already
have,
> listings for Jon's other miniatures, such as the Stargrunt II and
Dirtside
II
> ranges?

The intention is to eventually put EVERYTHING into the new database. I'm
holding off on putting any more "ground" sci-fi yet, since I'm having
trouble figuring out how to categorize it.

In most other cases, the breakdown is by nationality and then function.
Or
with starships, there are some commonly agreed upon ship classes
(battleships, destroyers, carriers, etc.) that work well. With sci-fi
infantry, there are no useful nationalities, and the weapons are all
"made
up" too!

Right now, I've got the sci-fi infantry already in the Directory grouped
by
Human and Alien. I can break it down further by armor type and weapon
type,
but that would have to be real fuzzy categories ("light" armor, "rifle"
type
weapons, "heavy" weapons, etc.), and I'd need to practically see every
mini
to know how to classify it.

I should mention that the eventual object is that a user can look up
what he
wants by scale and function, and find who makes the right figures. For
instance, 28mm, Human Marines in Light Armor, boom, see all the figures
from
the various manufacturers.

- Bill Armintrout, editor
The Miniatures Page
http://theminiaturespage.com

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email?