Prev: Re: GZG Email? Next: Re: [SGII] Firing While Still

Re: Fighter Fur Balls a thing of the past?

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:23:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighter Fur Balls a thing of the past?

On Thu, 31 May 2001 10:42:16 -0400, Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>There is an article on Jane's site about this very thing. UCAVs. Take
>a look at that one too....

Funny, about 4 years ago I had a discussion about FT fighters likely to
be
unmanned. I got a bunch of people saying the old, "computers are
predictable,
humans aren't, they will always have an edge, so will always be in the
cockpit" arguments. I countered with the old, "computers can handle
sustained
25 gs, I can't" argument...

Personally, I see it happening. I see fighters going "unmanned" or
partially
controlled by humans. By the time FT comes around, I see fighters
totally
unmanned. Which makes me feel better about losing hordes of fighters in
an FT
game. *G*

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: GZG Email? Next: Re: [SGII] Firing While Still