Prev: Re: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm) Next: Re: Sensors and Zooplankton

Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:19:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

At 4:01 PM -0400 5/30/01, Roger Books wrote:
>Alot of this depends on how you envision SM's.  You see them
>as standard ordanance.  From the masses as extrapolated from
>from the rules I would say that a SM is mass 3-4 with 6
>missiles.

A very good argument on the issue of scale. Hmm.

6" seems too short. 12-24" seems more like it.

>How would I do it?  I would let each Heavy carry 2 SM submunitions,
>give them a 6" range.	Roll for missiles on target following
>steps just like SG.  (IE 11-12 missiles roll d12, 9-10 roll
>d10, etc).  Give them weakened fighter abilities but let them
>go in with their missiles.

Going on that, what about a middle ground based on the following:

2 SMs/ Bomber that makes 12 from a full strength group. Two dice
worth. Range from launch is 24" (changing numbers too much add
confusion...)

1MT Missile per bomber giving you 6 of them per group. These MT
missiles have a two turn life span of up to 18" movement.

>This is still really nasty but not as excessive.  Giving me a
>gaurantee of a salvo per fighter means I will instantly drop
>every other offensive weapon I have in favor of these.

Hmm. I see your point....

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm) Next: Re: Sensors and Zooplankton