Prev: RE: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: Re: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:01:04 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Maritime Strike Bombers

Alot of this depends on how you envision SM's.	You see them
as standard ordanance.	From the masses as extrapolated from
from the rules I would say that a SM is mass 3-4 with 6
missiles.

How would I do it?  I would let each Heavy carry 2 SM submunitions,
give them a 6" range.  Roll for missiles on target following
steps just like SG.  (IE 11-12 missiles roll d12, 9-10 roll
d10, etc).  Give them weakened fighter abilities but let them
go in with their missiles.

This is still really nasty but not as excessive.  Giving me a
gaurantee of a salvo per fighter means I will instantly drop
every other offensive weapon I have in favor of these.

Prev: RE: Maritime Strike Bombers Next: Re: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)