Prev: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm) Next: Re: Leading from the front, reprise

[OT] Figure painting question

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:01:44 -0400
Subject: [OT] Figure painting question

I have 15mm and 6mm troops and I'm wondering how to do camo on them.
The pattern I have in mind is more or less the US Gulf War era chocolate
chip, or one of the African "leopard spots" patterns.
Constraint 1: no airbrush
Constraint 2: it needs to be quick; anything time intensive will take me
the rest of the year to complete.
Constraint3: I am looking for lots of small speckles rather than the
well-defined spots that eg Andy Cowell's troops have (Andy posted the
link a few weeks ago--quite depressing, for those of us who default to
spraypaint....)

My fevered imagination has come up with two ideas:
a) put some paint on a toothbrush and flick the bristles with a
knife/pencil/finger, creating a spray.
b) mix a khaki wash and add some paprika or something similar.

Suggestions?

Prev: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm) Next: Re: Leading from the front, reprise