Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

From: Ryan Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:08:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Andy Cowell wrote:

> In Ran, didn't the sniper figure out the shot during the day and then
> mark the position so he could take the shot at the enemy general
> playing his flute unseen that night?

Yep, that was what hed did. Dropped the string to the point
marked by the three stones. It was the same sort of thing. A
marksman measuring and calculating then when the time comes
for the shot he's got everything aligned ahead of time.

I'm fuzzy on it, but I'm under the impression the civil war
incident invovled the Civil War sniper measuring the range
at night eithe by pacing it off or something.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-      BATF, People = People, what is confusing about this?	 -

Prev: Re: Leading from the front, reprise Next: Re: Getting nailed from Way Far Away (tm)