Prev: Re: [SG2] leader loss Next: Re: [LST] Double msgs, again Re: [SG2] an odd idea for figure basing

Re: tank gun acceleration versus orbital gun acceleration

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:53:09 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: tank gun acceleration versus orbital gun acceleration

Thanks everyone for giving me the information on various guns.	I had no
idea that tank guns gave that much acceleration to the projectiles.  But
even assuming constant acceleration and using some simple physics
formulae
(s= 1/2*a*t^2, v=at, etc.) I can see the acceleration is in tens of
thousands of gees.

So really, superguns could give a much lower acceleration to its
projectiles than tank guns... that's very surprising to me.

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> The biggest approximation is that you assume a constant acceleration.
With