Prev: Re: [DS] AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel (Long) Next: RE: 35th Rifle Batallion

Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 20:29:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

In message <ML-3.4.990725619.920.books@babinga.dms.state.fl.us>, Roger
Books wr
ites:

> Flat or glossy isn't really an issue.  When I overcoat it is always
> with gloss, I haven't found a flat that doesn't allow color shifts
> with time.  If I need it flat I overcoat the overcoat with testors
> flat.  If I then need gloss I paint it on using craft paint gloss

I have always first coated with glossy sealant (Plaid Patricia Nimocks
Decorative Crafts Clear Acrylic Sealer from Michael's) for strength,
followed by Testor's Dullcote (*THE* definative sheen IMO) for looks
after the gloss is dried.  I've had fine work stand up for 6+ years so

Prev: Re: [DS] AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel (Long) Next: RE: 35th Rifle Batallion