Prev: Re: Re: [FT] Can Extra Damage Control Parties be hit on Threshholds? Next: Re: [DS] AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel (Long)

RE: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

From: Samuel Reynolds <sam@s...>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:30:17 -0600
Subject: RE: [OT]-ish : Figure painting question - Craft store Paints

>Just a quick question about craft store paints.....  I often see paints
at
>craft stores that have about 4 or so fluid ounces in them....	on sale
they
>go for less than a buck a bottle.....	I think they're acrylics
>
>How good are these paints for painting miniatures?  Or should I just
get the
>'specialty' paints from the likes of GW, the armory, etc....
>
>Mike Hudak
>mihudak@state.pa.us

I used to use Tamiya and Gunze-Sangyo paints, which come
I preferred to Citadel (mainly because they had "real"
names, instead of idiocies like snotling green). They
were sold as "authentic" colors for historical models.
But any more, I use Apple Barrel and Americana almost
exclusively. I find them easier to use and clean up,
they cost far less, and they work very nicely.
And I haven't found anything that works better (for me)
than the Extender for washes.

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/