Prev: RE: Re: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin> And yes, this happens at 'home' too. Next: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

Rescuing livestock RE: Re: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin>

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:32:09 -0500
Subject: Rescuing livestock RE: Re: [OT ALERT] Coalition Warfare at it's finest <grin>

***
This thread is a dangerous one.  To respond in any serious way is bound
tread on somebody's toes.  I think it's best if it's just killed right
here.
***

Foolishly, on my part, I forgot the other possibilities of an OT
Nantucket
sleigh ride; the 'green' topic is probably even more rancorous than the
nationality sensitivity. Agree to kill.

***
>The enemy could be:
>  time as in a solitaire scenario,
>'bugs'
>other humans.
>***
>
>I first had trouble imagining this, but decided it might be a mercenary
>group rescuing a rare/expensive species.
***

However, I think the idea of a scenerio wasn't too far astray.

The ancients(refering to the rule systems, not the posters ;->= )
wargaming
memories not withstanding, I have some doubts that regular livestock
would
be worth anyone risking their necks. Sustenance food production would
seem
to be available by non-traditional methods (alga-hydroponics and the
like)
at this point, and I'd assume that the livestock was originally brought
as
gene-stock, decanted and grown at the colony.

Not a simple or easily surrendered task result, but 'worth dying for'?
Ok,
might be.

Now, herds of specially-bred-to-local conditions stock, and highly
prized
and expensive products of local conditions might be worth the attempt.
I'm
reminded of Traveller's Trockenberenauslise (sp?), wine so rare that an
assault on a military cruiser was a reasonable attempt.

Obviously, the authors saw the same German commercial documentary film,
before the term infomercial was coined, that I did SOOOO many years ago.
;
->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad