Prev: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses Next: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 13:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: MT Heavy Missiles and Ship Defenses

A few words of warning from a non expert.

1. MT missiles aren't as fearsome as they look
because they have to be placed so that they can
see the target from their forward arc (not just
get within 3").

2. Secondly, speed and maneuver can make hitting
with the lions share of the missiles difficult
(though I've been hit with quite a few).

3. The Savasku in customized form can put out
a TON of fighter squadrons which are still
pretty good at shooting down missiles. Even
if they can't split fire, they can pretty much
kill 1 missile/round/squadron (and they have
as many rounds to do it as you leave the missiles
in flight).

4. The Savasku, if they put all their power into
movement, can move VERY VERY fast and I think they
have gravitic movement (which would mean they could
move in any direction). So, hitting them with
ordinance is even more difficult.

5. MT missiles, unless they're fired within
one's turn movement, can be seen coming, so the
Savasku player can know he needs to move erratically
to avoid them.

6. If you do this, I'd advise you to have a lot more
than 12 missiles. I have missile cruisers with
something like 15 missiles apiece, and if you're
trying this against a Savasku my advice is to take
a LOT of missiles.

Ok, now the experts can critique my critique.