Prev: FT Tug/Tender Query Next: Re: [DS] AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel (Long)

Re: FT Tug/Tender Query

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:56:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT Tug/Tender Query

On 21-May-01 at 15:53, Peter Steadman (psteadman@hotmail.com) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've lurked for a while, but now have a question!
>
> How do you build an FtL tender for non-FtL strikeboats? If you use the

> internal hangar method you need a big, expensive vessel, but if you
call it
>  an FtL tug suddenly it becomes very small and cheap.
>
> Shouldn't an FtL tug pay some non-FtL tug capability penalty,
otherwise why
>  bother with internal hangars at all?

For an external Tug you need sufficient FTL drives to carry the
combined mass plus, I believe, a 10% additional penalty.

Internal bays are not very cost affective.  If you upped the additional
penalty for externals or lowered the internal bay penalty which
is now, what, 50% you could balance things a bit better.

Prev: FT Tug/Tender Query Next: Re: [DS] AAR The Battle of Research Station Muriel (Long)