Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Brigade minis (was: Victory Class) Next: DS/SG vehicle construction

RE: DS construction questions

From: "bbell1@i..." <bbell1@insight.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:25:39 -0400
Subject: RE: DS construction questions

Greetings!

1) I always assumed that GMS launchers were a special case like ASPWs;
that is you do not have to pay for a turret. Reasoning: Being a guided
weapon, a turret is unnecessary as it will guide itself to the target
whichever way it was initially pointed. So, putting it is a turret gains
no game benifit. I know the text mentions vertical launch versions of
GMS.
GMS seem to be a special case all arround. If you make a GMS/L a size 2
weapon, then it draws too many chits (3 instead of 2). It also ignores
the size of the target, but has to deal with ECM/PDS. Seems to be a
special case all arround.

2) I would assume that the 8 points for the C&C was 4 points for
equipment and 4 points for personnel.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com