Prev: [OT] Victory Class Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing? Next: Re: [OT] Victory Class Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:30:59 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Subject: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

On Wed, 16 May 2001 06:22:50 -0700 (PDT) David Griffin
<carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There's a fair amount of controversy about just how big the various
ships are. I think the Warlock is longer and bigger than the Victory.
However, maybe the White Star is a better example. <

> Certainly, pound for pound, the White Star (also of somewhat
indeterminate size) is a *relatively* small ship with relatively big
firepower AND relatively superior defense. <

Oh, I'm not arguing against the concept of a high-tech ship of small
size and heavy punch. I merely wanted to point out that the Victory is
known to be pretty big, and I was of the opinion that other EA designs
(with the notable exception of the Explorers) were somewhat smaller.

I checked out the Starship Scales website, and while I'm a little
dubious as to the size of some of the ships -- e.g., the Omega at 1700+
m long seems a bit large -- it's interesting. Thanks for the steer.

> I hope the mini for the Victory gets approved, too. I found one that
I think will stand in quite well from Brigade Miniatures. It's the
Jericho.

> What do you think? <

I like the Jericho; that's why I have three of them (two in my UNSC
fleet, and one in the OUDF) and have to restrain myself from getting
another. But I would like a genuine Victory mini (or two); after all,
the Jericho is a little small when placed against the AoG B5 stuff (the
scale of which is all over the place, anyway).

Phil
"Sic Transit Gloria Barramundi"
   (Or, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!)
   -- not Douglas Adams, but me: Phil Atcliffe