Prev: RE: [OT] Toodles Till July Next: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 16 May 2001 11:20 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

This also the way I would prefer to go, rather than modifying masses or
effects. I, at least, would not feel comfortable with the play balance
effect of changing weapon etc. values.

There is fair scope in FT to define tech levels through availability:

Beam size
single- or multi-arc weapons
Availability of Needle beams, missile, pulse torpedos, etc.
one or more fire controls per ship
no screens/level 1/level 2
max.mass per ship
max.thrust
max.thrust/mass ratio
armour
(no)Fighters/special fighter types/no.of fighters per ship
PDS/ADFC

Greetings

Prev: RE: [OT] Toodles Till July Next: Re: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?