Prev: RE: Re: FT-MT missiles Next: Re: [FT] Tech Levels

Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:58:51 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

G'day Matthew,

When I was mucking around with my Piquetised version of FT you could se
something like you mentioned. I'm not sure if you're familar with
Piquet,
but it uses a deck of cards to determine what's happening (movement,
changing orders, reloading weapons etc), the only thing doesn't require
card is firing which can happen any time the unit is loaded (in this
case
the ship is locked on). I had it so all ships have to move on their
current
orders when a ship move card comes up (regardless of which side turned
up
the card), but firing was whenever you wanted - you could fire while
they
moved or later when other things better suited you etc. On the flipside
you
had to reacquire lock-on to the target after each shot (as you see a lot

more fire in Piquet than FT so this balanced that problem).

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: RE: Re: FT-MT missiles Next: Re: [FT] Tech Levels