Prev: re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:44:14 -0400

Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 06:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>
Subject: [FT] Tech Level? Is there such a thing?

Has anyone discussed the possibility of adding
some kind of tech level to FT? I was thinking
about it because I use B5 Earthforce ships in
FT (with regular FT designs, nothing special)
and I recently found a model that works for the
Victory Class Destroyer.
<<<<<<<<<<

Hi David,

I don't have my notes in front of me, so I'll wing it....

I assigned basic categories like Rudimentary, Basic, Enhanced, Superior,
Excellent (sound like a GZG game?).  then I put the various B5 races
into
these categories for sensor tech.  for example, the Vorlons would be
Excellent, while Raiders would be mostly Rudimentary with some Basic.

note that I don't do this for every FT ship component, but to abstract
certain concepts, like:
   scanning/sensors
   stealth
   ECM
   ECCM

high ratings provide bonuses while low ones have penalties.

I will provide more details later when I feel better and can think
straight.

Dave

Prev: re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire