Prev: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire Next: re: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: RE: [FT] Simultaneous Fire

When I talk about phased movement, I meant that
within a single game turn, there were multiple
movement phases each of which might or might not
have weapons fire associated with them. Only SFB
came to mind, and though it seemed more "realistic"
it wasn't really worth it in terms of effort (at
least I didn't think so).

Maybe I should thank my lucky stars that FT isn't
set up this way (ok you won initiative, you fire
ALL your ships and if I have any ships left I'll
fire). It might be appropriate to just concede
after the initiative roll ;-)

Maybe there's stuff I'm not remembering about
the games I HAVE played (maybe some of them use
this strategy too and I'm just not remembering
them). I've played Starfire, Star Fleet Battles,
FASA Starship Combat Simulator, Starbattles,
Interceptor, Silent Death, Battletech, Centurion,
Fast Attack Boats, Task Force's Battlewagon,
and a few others.

Seems like most of those have pretty simple
structure in the combat phase. Like I said, maybe
I am guilty of having a selective memory. How
many of you have played games where fire is
non-simultaneous and units are eliminated before
they fire in say space/sea battle/tank sorts of
games? What were they and how did it seem to
work?

--- "bbell1@insight.rr.com" <bbell1@insight.rr.com>