Prev: Re: Re :A question of etiquette and focus Next: RE: Re: [OT] NAC peerage

Re: FT-MT missiles

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:31:42 +1000
Subject: Re: FT-MT missiles

G'day Bif,

 >What I`m trying to do is a way you
 >can send missiles in at high velocity,
 >but the turning circle of the missile
 >at high speed is limited. With a 12 mu
 >radius circle, the turning rate would
 >be very limited only at high speed.

OK coming from a vector point of view this is still not going to work. A

player worth their salt will come in with enough speed that they can get

the missiles in amongst you on the turn they're shot so the manoeuvre
circle (though a sound idea) isn't going to be enough to compensate for
the
"I shot my missiles before you can shoot me" problem. That's why I think
if
missiles etc are to have a vector component there's going to have to be
degradation of lock on with higher velocities (whether a reduce chance
of
being effective or much smaller attack range or divergence/scatter).

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: Re :A question of etiquette and focus Next: RE: Re: [OT] NAC peerage