Prev: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

RE: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 04:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

Interesting. What does "Use the 50% for FTL & 75%
for non-FTL ships for new ships (EFSB ships are all
50%)" mean? Use 50% of what. Maybe I'm just being
dense.

Don't regular FT ships pay 5% * Main Drive thrust?
Why are you having them pay 100-200% of their mass?
How is that possible? What am I not understanding?

I assume for pulse batteries, you mean to treat them
as type 4,3,2, and 1 beams not AA, A, B, & C.

Why are interceptors cheaper than anti-fighter
batteries when they can be used as anti-fighter
batteries OR as pulse interceptors?

Why use a different system for fighters? It seems
cheaper than FT's system, even if you had to include
a different hanger bay for every squadron.

Shouldn't Mimbari beams (which have extra capabilities
and a faster recharge) have a different point cost?

Have you run some combats to see if your points are
basically on track?

--- "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> As soon as I got my copy way back when, I did
> convert to generate points and
> construction under FT2.  I found them all internally
> consistant except for
> the Centauri Battlecruiser.  The Heavy beams may
> still be undercosted, but
> appear reasonable.

http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/ft/efsbrv.htm

`

Prev: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods