Prev: Re: [FT] Cheap Spaceships Next: RE: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 00:10:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

----- Original Message -----
From: Imre A. Szabo <ias@sprintmail.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 10:25 PM

> Why don't you play a random contact range, say 1 d10 times 10 mu's;
then
> take a swarm of cruisers.  Every tenth game should put you in his face
from
> turn 1.
>
> A better fix would be a limit on the amount of mass that can be used
for
> power generators.  I would suggest a limit of 30% of mass.  This is a
good
> limit because it allows all existing FB2 Sa'Vasku designs to be legal.
The
> highest ratio of FB2 Sa'Vasku is the Sa'Kess'Tha scoutship with a
27.3%.
> Sa'Vasku bases might be allowed an extra 10% or so.
>
> One way to integrate this into one short quick rule would be to limit
the
> Sa'Vasku to no more then 40% of mass for Power Generators and Main
Drive
> Node.
>
> ias

Thats why I suggested increasing the cost of the power generators from
what
is originally given. The changes to the original ships would be easy and
quick to do, and would make super SV ship designs less overpowered when
playing against equal points values. If combined with the other
sugestions
(range bands, etc), it would give the effect of the limit on the mass
used
in power generators (without the artificial mass limit on the power
generators). Just my sugestion.

 BIF

"Yorkshire born, yorkshire bred,
strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: [FT] Cheap Spaceships Next: RE: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project