Prev: Re: FT-Kinetic strikes Next: Re: [FT] Savasku Pods

Re: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:35:00 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Earthforce Sourcebook - Babylon Project

>I have found some quite good treatments and
>expansions of the Earthforce Sourcebook online.
>Some give us updates to FT1 FT rules, and others
>give us ships that the original book didn't.
>
>Since Mr. Tuffley co-wrote this book, does he
>endorse any of the ship point values that have
>been published on the net (and were conspicuously
>missing from the EA sourcebook) for the purposes
>of balancing B5 battles? Does he have his own
>point values? How many Omegas would it take to
>balance against a Sharlin or two for instance?

I can't endorse them, since I've never had the chance to look at them!
My work on the EFSB consisted of writing the rules system and delivering
it
to CE as a one-off commissioned work. Some of the guys at CE then did
the
ship designs and added more stuff (like the player-character interaction
bits). The ship designs were done to reflect their capabilities in the
show, rather than to conform to a set design system. Sorry, but I can't
help you much on this one!

Jon (GZG)