Prev: RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs Next: DS2: Construction System Idea

[LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 10:52:34 -0500
Subject: [LST] Modelling RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs

***
Karl brings up an interesting point in his reply. Too often I have had
people tell me my designs are wrong because "that's not how [insert any
Sci-Fi
fictional tech here] works".
***

While I was also confused, for a bit, by David's choice of words, I came
pretty much understand he meant what he later showed in his
clarification.
Part of the problem is that I'm more familiar with the term 'mech' as
generic anime' rather than specifically Battletech, of course.

Yes, you may have your own 'world mechanics', but it's perfectly
understandable trying to model a particular genre, series, whathaveyou.

I can't help in this particular discussion, as I'm a) a vac-head, b)
mostly
unfamiliar with Battletech, but my wrestling, so far unsuccessfully,
with
trying to do Legends of Galactic Heroes in FTII, certainly causes me to
admire his attempt. ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: DS - OT - Cross Genre Designs Next: DS2: Construction System Idea