Prev: RE: OT: Oceanography stuff Next: DS II Battle Report

[SG2] topography

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:59:29 -0400
Subject: [SG2] topography

I'm looking at a SG game (my first, aside from GZGECC) using a map with
an elevation change of about 100ft in 250 meters.  Infantry appear to
treat slopes as "clear" so no move penalty, but we know that reality
doesn't work that way.	I've seen an orienteering page that suggests the
time for gain-in-altitude of 10 meters is the same as adding +100 meters
to the linear distance.  If we do that, then a 10ft (~3m) gain in
altitude would cost 3" of movement.  Going downslope should clost
something too, I'd think.
 Opinions from the SG2 crowd?

Prev: RE: OT: Oceanography stuff Next: DS II Battle Report