Prev: Re: NEW US Timeline Next: Re: NEW US Timeline

RE: LLAR population

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:31:32 -0400
Subject: RE: LLAR population

ITTT specialized in early transport to new colonies and subsequent
supply
runs to the new colonies.

The LLAR launched their first FTL craft in 2075 (after ceding north and
central America in 2072). Most likely these would be one-way ships that
could be broken down to form the first community shelters, manufacturing
bases, ore refinement, and powerplants (ship's fusion/anti-matter
plant).

When the LLAR lost all of its Earth holdings (2100), the surrender
probably
included the right to migrate off-world. I agree with Laserlight, less
expensive to allow them to leave (or even help them do so) than to fight
guerilla war over a whole continent (especially one with a large
rainforest
and long mountain chain).

The LLAR start a colony 21 years before New Israel, so I imagine, would
be
at near the same strength level (LLAR has the advantage of time and
population, NI has the advantage of wealth and support of NAC).

-----
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
http://www.ftsr.org/gzg/gzghist.asp
-----

<laserlight@quixnet.net>
> writes:
[snip]
> >good question, that.  My first take would be that the conquering NAC
> >oppressors would probably let anyone go emigrate who wanted to, as
> >long as they paid (or evaded) a punitive emigration tax--it's cheaper
> >to ship them out than to hunt down guerillas.
>
> Okay, that helps but somebody has to move them - LLAR perhaps as
> indentured (short term) as less then cost (Gets those 'heroes of the
> resistance' on a colonial planet hating the NAC and under
'observation'
> until their loyalty is proven.  Besides somebody has to terraform, no?

[snip]