Prev: Re: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: [FT] FSE Coloration

RE: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:10:13 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

> >Living right here in Texas (yes, I'm a Texan) There
> >are all sorts of weirdo militia in the backwater who
> >don't like being under the thumb of an American
> >government, and would NEVER go for being under the
> >thumb of the Brittish.  Thankfully, they stay out in
> >huge ranches in west Texas, and no one really listens
> >to them.  Texans have a bit of pride being the only
> >state in the union to once be it's own country, but
> >most of us are quite fine with being a part of the
> >USA.
>
> Um, what about Hawaii? Was it not once it's own country?

You know, I was just thinking about the deep south. They were French,
not
British, and pretty damn proud of the fact also. Louisiana even has it's
state criminal code based on Napoleonic Law, not British Common Law.
Wasn't
California and some of the rest of the southwestern states Spanish
before
it was American? Not talked much about among the white population... <g>

David

PS: And lets not forget Emperor Norton, the group up in Michigan (IIRC)
whose name I forget at the moment, and the Mormon's...

D.

Prev: Re: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: [FT] FSE Coloration